- Ear Training
- Music Appreciation
- Music Theory (Beginner-Intermediate)
Music helped shape my life at a time when I had very little direction. From the first moment I held a trombone I felt inspired, confident, and excited. During my education and career, the lessons I have learned, separate from the technical aspects of playing, have been of monumental importance to my development as an adolescent and into adulthood. Without it I would not have the sense of discipline or self confidence I do today.
I view the role of a teacher as that of a mentor and approach my lessons with a firm but fair attitude. I will never shout at or berate a student nor will I kick them out of a lesson for not practicing. A nervous student will only play so well as to not get in trouble, but an inspired and confident student will flourish and succeed, no matter their level of technical ability. Each student will be pushed and guided appropriately to their level of interest and individual goals.
I have attended the following schools earning the following degrees:
- University of Alberta - Master of Music, Euphonium Performance
- McGill University - Bachelor of Music, Trombone Performance
My principal teachers included:
- John McPherson - Edmonton Symphony Orchestra
- Trevor Dix - Orchestre Métropolitain
- Banff Centre Artist in Residence - 2014 - Composer of the 2010 Luminato Festival official fanfare - 3 years experience instructing at the Canadian Armed Forces Music Training Centre - 19 years professional freelance experience - Performed with: Edmonton Symphony Orchestra, Vic Vogel Big Band, Naden Band of the Royal Canadian Navy, Royal Canadian Artillery Band, Griffon Brass, Mill Creek Colliery Band.
30 Minutes: $39.00
45 Minutes: $49.00
60 Minutes: $59.00
There is a one-time registration fee of 25 $ charged with the first lessons. All Taxes are included in prices, if applicable
NOTE: Your Credit card will be charged ONLY when the first lesson is set up and confirmed with the teacher