- Classical Guitar
- Ear Training
- Music History
- Music Theory (Advanced)
- Music Theory (Beginner-Intermediate)
- RCM - Advanced Harmony
- RCM - Advanced Rudiments
- RCM - Analysis
- RCM - Basic Harmony
- RCM - Basic Rudiments
- RCM - Counterpoint
- RCM - History
- RCM - Intermediate Harmony
- RCM - Intermediate Rudiments
As a universal language music provides opportunities to communicate and share experiences across cultures and religions. Expanding and learning different styles and the history of music expands perspectives and contributes to the continued exploration of knowledge. Skills and habits learned during music lessons apply to several aspects of daily life and allow an individual to pursue a hobby or passion that they can share with anyone.
I believe in a teaching methodology that is tailored to each student. When dealing with anxious or shy tendencies I have noticed many students become increasingly confident and open to sharing their music and ideas with others.
Guitar has been a part of my life for over 15 years.
My passion for the guitar started with my kindergarten teacher, who sang and strummed chords when she taught our class. As a first-generation Canadian, my kindergarten teacher's lessons proved crucial in learning English as a third language. My fascination with the guitar grew from music's quality as a universal language.
I have a Bachelor's and Master's degree in classical guitar performance from the University of Texas at Austin and Florida State University, respectively. I am currently pursuing a Doctor of Music in classical guitar performance at McGill University. My research focuses on discovering, cataloging, and performing classical guitar compositions by Canadian women.
I have taken masterclasses from world-class classical guitarists including, Pepe Romero, Roland Dyens, David Russell, and Marcin Dylla. I have performed in Canada, the Southern United States, and Romania.
• McGill Graduate Excellence Scholarship (2020-2023)
• Canada-Florida Linkage In-State Tuition Scholarship (2019-2020)
• 8-Hour Tuition Waiver from Florida State University (2018-2020)
• Semifinalist at The Florida State Classical Guitar Competition (2018, 2019)
• Houston Classical Guitar Festival, 2nd place in the Collegiate Guitar Ensemble Division (2019)
• Southern Guitar Festival, 1st place in the Collegiate Guitar Ensemble Division (2019)
• First Place at British Columbia’s Provincial Music festival for Senior Classical Guitar (2014) and participated at the 2014 National Performing Arts Festival (2014)
• Butler’s Excellence in Music Scholarship from UT Austin (2014-2018)
I am a dynamic, passionate, and technically astonishing guitarist with a passion for connecting with students and audiences through music. I have performed throughout Canada and the United States with more than 15 years of performance experience and 3 years of teaching experience. I have absorbed numerous methods and techniques from university guitar professors from all over North America and Europe. I have synthesized these methods and techniques with my performance experiences to provide optimal lessons and experiences for my students.
30 Minutes: $39.00
45 Minutes: $49.00
60 Minutes: $59.00
There is a one-time registration fee of 25 $ charged with the first lessons. All Taxes are included in prices, if applicable
NOTE: Your Credit card will be charged ONLY when the first lesson is set up and confirmed with the teacher