- Ear Training
- Music History
- Music Theory (Beginner-Intermediate)
- RCM - Basic Harmony
- RCM - Basic Rudiments
- RCM - History
- RCM - Intermediate Harmony
- RCM - Intermediate Rudiments
Music is a multifaceted activity that combines the physical, mental, and spiritual. It is my belief that a good musician is therefore one who receives a well rounded musical education that encompasses all these areas.
The Body: I encourage warm-ups, exercises that reinforce technical ease, and overall exploration of healthy movement. Over time, the ear is also attuned to better hear nuances in tone and pitch.
The Mind: Musical theory and history are our most powerful tools for musical analysis. Wherever needed, I help students break down musical pieces for better understanding and to reach true musical expression.
The Spirit: Music is at once a joyous yet strict activity. For each student, I help them find the best ways to "gamify" their learning- to strive for excellence while enjoying the process.
While I broke down these concepts, they are fundamentally one and the same. Boiled to a sentence, it is my hope to help my students to find all the joy there is to be found in music, and to find all the music there is to be found in their lives.
My degrees are:
- Memorial University of Newfoundland - M.Mus in Performance/Pedagogy (studied under Dr Michelle Cheremy). Graduated as Fellow of the School of Graduates for continued academic excellence.
- Queen's Univerisity - B.Mus with distinction (studied under Donelda Gartshore). Upon graduation, was awarded Medal of Music.
- Queen's University - B.Ed University.
- Royal Conservatory of Music - Piano Level 10 Certificate.
30 Minutes: $39.00
45 Minutes: $49.00
60 Minutes: $59.00
There is a one-time registration fee of 25 $ charged with the first lessons. All Taxes are included in prices, if applicable
NOTE: Your Credit card will be charged ONLY when the first lesson is set up and confirmed with the teacher