- Ear Training
- Music History
- Music Theory (Advanced)
- Music Theory (Beginner-Intermediate)
As someone who touched a drum for the first time at the age of two, and has been performing on percussion for over twelve years, I'm firmly of the view that music is both crucial and highly beneficial to one's development - regardless of whether you're interested in pursuing music full-time or simply want a new hobby. In addition to being a great stress reliever, learning music is a great way to strengthen a whole host of skills that are useful in other aspects of life, such as memory, focus, concentration, and even physical fitness!
One of my firm beliefs is that it's never too late to start learning a new skill, and I think this is even more true in this case - the healing power of music is always just a few notes away, ready to emerge as soon as you pick up your instrument. So if you're on the fence about starting lessons, whether you're a child or an adult looking to learn an instrument for the first time or even get back into playing after a while, I'm happy to help guide you on your musical journey greatness.
I have a Bachelor of Music in Percussion Performance from the Schulich School of Music of McGill University.
I began studying drum set at the age of five, and mallet percussion at the age of eight. I completed Grade 8 of the ABRSM Percussion Program in 2016 with a Distinction, and in 2019, graduated from KM Music Conservatory with a Performance Diploma and Outstanding Achievement and multiple Best Performer awards during all three of my years there.
In 2022, I graduated from McGill University, with an Outstanding Achievement in Percussion and on the Dean's Honour List.
My principal teachers included Anantha R Krishnan, one of India's most renowned percussionists, and Fabrice Marandola, Percussion Department Head at McGill and director of CIRMMT, the Center for Interdisciplinary Research in Music Media and Technology.
- Schulich School of Music of McGill University: Dean's Honour List and Outstanding Achievement in Percussion (2022)
- Schulich School of Music of McGill University: Bourse d'étude commémorative Pierre Béluse (2020)
- KM Music Conservatory (KMMC) in Chennai, India: Best Performer, Western Music (2017, 2018, 2019)
- KMMC: Overall Achievement Award (2017, 2019)
- KMMC: Best Performer, Hindustani Music (2017)
- ABRSM Percussion Grade 8: Distinction (2016)
- Percussive Arts Society Days of Percussion Festival (2020, 2022) - McGill University: Study of Percussion Pedagogy (2021) - McGill University: Advanced Music Theory Tutor, (2021) - Fête de la Musique, Chennai (2019) - KM Music Conservatory (KMMC) in Chennai, India: Summer Percussion Instructor (2019) - Madras Jazz Festival, Chennai (2018) - South Asian Music Residency in Chennai, India (2017) - ABRSM Percussion Grade 8 Completed (2016) - KMMC: Certificate in Electronic Music Production (2016) - Chennai Music Festival (2014)
30 Minutes: $39.00
45 Minutes: $49.00
60 Minutes: $59.00
There is a one-time registration fee of 25 $ charged with the first lessons. All Taxes are included in prices, if applicable
NOTE: Your Credit card will be charged ONLY when the first lesson is set up and confirmed with the teacher