- Ear Training
- Music Appreciation
- Music History
- Music Theory (Beginner-Intermediate)
- RCM - Basic Harmony
- RCM - Basic Rudiments
- RCM - Intermediate Harmony
- RCM - Intermediate Rudiments
I believe it is important to not only teach students, but to inspire them. While it is necessary that students engage in the intellectual rigour of music, they must also experience the joy and fulfillment of creating music. As a teacher, my goal is to inspire my students in my own pursuit of musical excellence and encourage them to embark on their own journey as they engage with this beautiful art form.
Each student has individual interests, strengths, weaknesses, aptitudes, and needs. As a music teacher, I alway seek to assess my student's needs and create an approach and environment that helps them to succeed.
• In May 2023, I completed a Bachelor of Music in Jazz and Contemporary Popular Music from MacEwan University, majoring in Drum Performance
• Prior to studying at MacEwan University, I completed Grade 10 RCM Piano, including the required Music History and Harmony
• Currently, I am pursuing excellence in music by studying privately with Steve Lyman, a visionary and renowned contemporary jazz drummer based in New York City.
Recipient of the Victor-Osten Performing Arts Award in Spring 2023
Currently, I am taking private lessons with Steve Lyman, a visionary and renowned contemporary jazz drummer based in New York City. Studying with Steve has significantly improved my facility as a drummer and a musician, and it has greatly influenced how I myself teach students. Not only is Steve an excellent musician, he is also an excellent educator; teaching is a significant part of his brand. Observing how Steve explains concepts, engages with students, and organizes lessons has greatly informed my own approach to teaching music.
30 Minutes: $39.00
45 Minutes: $49.00
60 Minutes: $59.00
There is a one-time registration fee of 25 $ charged with the first lessons. All Taxes are included in prices, if applicable
NOTE: Your Credit card will be charged ONLY when the first lesson is set up and confirmed with the teacher